View Single Post
Old 09-29-2017, 05:53 AM
NZquilter

Default One More Question

Thanks so much for all your advice! I'm getting more comfortable with it and am really enjoying how smooth it is and the large harp space!

I agree, Cari, I think I should baste the quilt a bit more to avoid the pluckering. This quilt is for family use (ONLY) so at least I don't have high hopes of a blue ribbon being dashed

So yesterday while I was practicing, the button on the knee controller/ foot pedal inside the cabinet started sticking in place while sewing. Really annoying because the machine will just keep stitching at a hair-raising rate while I'm jumping up to unplug it-- the only way to switch it off. I know it's not the motor. I know it's not the actual knee bracket either, because when I lifted up the machine to see what was happening, the knee bracket itself wasn't touching the button on the controller, but the button was pushed down. This morning I took the controller apart and I think it's just that the old plastic is sticking. I cleaned all the old dust off it and tried to sew again, but it keeps doing it. What to do? Do I need to buy a new controller/ foot pedal?