Thread: Sewing space?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 07:46 AM
klswift

For years (way too many), I had to use whatever tiny spaces I could find. It seemed we kept taking in more and more kids and they really take up space!!! The only cutting table, quilt assembly spot I had was the bed. I got 2 pieces of cheap paneling and slid them under to bed for storage. When needed, they were easy to take out, put on top of the bed and make a fairly sturdy but definitely safer place for my cutting board. I also had 2 rollaway storage bins that I kept under the bed for supplies. This kept the stuff close but out of the way from curious little fingers. I put plastic storage bins for fabric in my closet with my shorter clothes hanging above them. This way I could see what was in the bins and only pull out the ones I needed. It also kept me from adding too many more clothes (fabric storage was more important!). One wall in my bedroom had pegboard and I had wooden thread caddies on it with clear plastic piece over the top to keep them clean and rulers attached to the pegboard. Much easier to close the bedroom door than to put stuff away when company came by! I have always found that we use what we have and fill up anything we get!!!!