Old 01-27-2018, 08:07 PM
Tothill

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
Very interesting observation. It does seem that the quilting population has reached a plateau since the resurgence of quiltmaking around the Bicentennial. I sure hope it wasn't just a long "fad".
I personally don't know anyone in the younger age group who quilts but that doesn't mean they aren't around. I just don't know anyone a lot younger who quilts. Quilting seems to be big business but I wonder how long it will last. No answers here!
The Modern Quilt movement has a following of many younger quilters. My guild has had several younger quilters do presentations including Karlee Porter, Kathleen Riggins and Krista Hennebury. I think Angela Walters counts as a younger quilter. I know there are quite a few under 40's in my guild.

I belong to two guilds, both 45 minutes away from home. There is a guild in my home town, but they meet during the day, working women cannot attend the meetings.

I find lots of younger quilters online too.

I do not subscribe to any quilting magazines, but I do buy them at the newsstand when I see one that interests me. I had fun looking for sewing magazines when I was in Europe last spring and was thrilled to bring home a quilting one in French.

I think it was Watson that said she cannot subscribe to Block in Canada, I have bought individual copies and I am sure I saw them in a local (Vancouver Island) quilt shop recently.