Thread: Chihuahuas
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 12:09 AM
moonrise

My little Kaylee is a Chihuahua, but she doesn't have a "typical Chihuahua" personality. She's as sweet as can be. She doesn't make a peep unless there truly is something to be concerned about, and then she only barks until the "threat" is gone or until we let her know it's okay. For example, when the UPS man is putting a package on the porch, she'll bark because she hears something unusual, but once the guy leaves the porch, she's quiet again. To be just 7 pounds, she's a surprisingly good little watchdog. <3

People-wise, she's never met a stranger. She loves everybody, and has never growled or snapped at anyone. She was already potty trained when we got her at 6 months old, and she walks great on a leash. She loves cats and most other dogs. We have run across a handful of dogs at the vet's office that she's been a little leery of, but it might be because they were a lot bigger than she is.

The only mischief she's been in was to figure out how to unzip DH's lunch cooler and she got into a bag of trash once, but it really was our fault for accidentally leaving them accessible to her. She smelled yummy goodies, and temporarily forgot her manners.

DH knew I wanted to adopt a dog, but he originally didn't want a Chihuahua because of their reputation. A friend told me about Kaylee, and brought her by so we could meet each other. As soon as I saw her, I knew she was the one. DH happened to be at work at the time, but I sent him a text message and a picture of her. "Is that a Chihuahua?" "Uh, yeah, but you are going to Love her." He got home from work a little while later, with a slightly unhappy look on his face, fully expecting the new "ankle biter" to chew his legs up. Kaylee jumped right up in his lap and started loving on him. His unhappy face immediately disappeared. It didn't take 2 minutes for her to become more "his" dog than "mine"! LOL!

But anyway ...

There are some Chihuahuas out there that break the "typical Chihuahua" mold. Kaylee is truly a pleasure.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-01-2018 at 03:27 AM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps