Thread: Storing fabric
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 01:32 PM
VernaL

Originally Posted by PiedPiper
We have just moved into a new house and I am very excited that I will be able to have a dedicated sewing space - not huge, but all mine. I have a bit of fabric/stash that I am looking to store - probably about 2-3 rubbermaids' worth. I was thinking of tucking it into a small attic space that adjoins my sewing area, but I'm starting to wonder if that's not the best idea. Should it be kept where it's climate controlled, rather than in an attic (subject to external temperature variations)? It's mostly just garden-variety fabrics, plenty of cottons, nothing super special or fragile.

Where do you store your fabric stash if you don't have a huge sewing room?
I store my fabric (a lot) up in the attic which really isn't an attic. I live in So Cal. where it is often 104F outside in the summer. It doesn't seem to bother the fabric. It is all in plastic stands with pull out drawers. I do have to watch that nothing is exposed to light from a vent or it fades where the light touches it. I use a lot from my stash and it always seems fine. I buy good quality quilting fabric and it holds up.