View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 08:06 AM
doricu2

Originally Posted by tropit View Post
This recipe idea is from Weight Watchers. I found it today, while searching for something yummy for breakfast. It's so easy! Just slice a whole, raw, sweet potato into 1/3 inch slices along the length of the potato, spray, or rub with a tiny bit of olive oil and season with salt and any other spices that you think might work with it. (Cinnamon, curry powder, or paprika perhaps?) Set the toaster on High and toast the slices in the toaster until lightly brown. You can also use a toaster oven, or regular oven for this, flipping the toast several times for even browning.

WW topped their version with a sliced banana, honey and pecans for a sweet breakfast, but you could also use sweet potato toast for a savory/sweet platform for almost any meal. I'm trying their breakfast version this morning, along with a poached egg. (For those of you on WW, the recipe is called, "Sweet Potato Toast with Banana, Honey and Pecans," worth 4SPs, egg is 0 SPs.) I'm using a regular oven for this and walnuts instead of pecans. I'll let you know how it turns out.

~ C
what tempature and how long