View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 04:50 PM
true4uca

I buy bed skirts from the thrift store and use the top part for my foundation squares. That fabric is really thin. QUOTE=Wildernessties;8037078]A couple years back I made a small scrappy quilt for my newest granddaughter using this method. I cut out some 8 inch squares from old bed sheets. Then I stitched the diagonal strips onto the square. I should clarify that I cut the actually sheet squares slightly larger than the 8 inches and then After I had stitched all the scraps on the square, I used my 8 inch template to be sure the square was as close to 8 inches as I could get it.

I was happy with the outcome so now I want to make a queen size quilt using this same method. I mentioned it to a quilter and I got the feeling she didn't care for my method. So my question to you is, do you think this will work ok for a larger quilt or is it possible it will be too heavy? Or is there another problem I'm not seeing with this method. I'd really appreciate any thoughts on the subject. I am going to attach a picture of the baby quilt so you will better understand what I'm trying to say. Thank you!![ATTACH=CONFIG]592524[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]