View Single Post
Old 06-16-2018, 01:53 PM
peaceandjoy

I used PayPal at EcoRug and had no problems. They shipped it within a day of my ordering!

I ordered one long enough to do my better board (big board that folds for storage), 1-1/2" wider so it would wrap around and just barely under. I ordered it extra long so that I could have one for travel to classes or retreats. I used double sided carpet tape to secure one end. The other end I left loose and cut about 4" longer. This will allow for the pad to fold when the Better Board is folded in half, but does not shift away from the placement needed. I had to make a new cover anyhow, which is what started the whole thing for me. (I had used a craft paint - which of course spilled - on my board. When I washed it, it shrank several inches! No where near fitting any more.) I followed the basic design of the old cover and made a cute new one. It cinches up like the old one did, but is longer to allow for the extra pad and also in case of shrinkage. You can see a picture here: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/224546731406512191/

I thought I would need to cover my extra piece (the part I cut away to travel with) as my skin gets irritated if I touch wool. However, the minute I cut it off and it dropped to the floor (I had it laid out on the board when I cut it), my cat took it over. I'm guessing it's the smell? He loves to lie on it and sharpens his claws in it. Whatever.

It did have an odor when I first put it on, but doesn't seem to any more. Or maybe I've gotten used to it and don't notice? I did grow up on a farm, lol...

Last edited by peaceandjoy; 06-16-2018 at 01:55 PM.