View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 04:18 AM
NZquilter

Thanks for the link, Leon. Every bit of information is useful. I find it interesting how you mentioned that you found it didn't run as fast as you were expecting, but still faster than you will probably need. Maybe I won't need to replace the motor... FMQ does go pretty fast once you get in the groove. All food for thought.

I think the frame setup, which we will probably build ourselves, will be able to hold it all.

What really sparked an interest in using one as a midarm quilter was this link. http://busyhandsquilts.blogspot.com/...g-machine.html . The woman here said (at a much later date in her blog) that she successfully used this set up for 6 years. I figure if it was used happily for that long I will probably be okay with it too. Unlike the people who try their 201s and 15-91s on frames and then give up after a few quilts.

I'm not ready to try it yet. We are intending to build a 30ft + extension on the back of the double car shed one day, (after the kitchen remodel and the brand new electrical overhaul through the whole house, and all new windows... ) I have already told my DH that part of that shed extension is for a long arm set up . So far he seems cool with it. The other half of the shed will be for his car restorations...

Who knows, maybe by the time I'm ready and have the space, a sweet deal on a true longarm will fall into my lap.

Sorry for the rambling post. I woke up super early this morning to get DH safely and happily out the door early for work and I guess I haven't had enough coffee yet to compensate it!