Thread: Stunning Quilts
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2018, 05:12 AM
Judith1005

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
This is one of my favorite quilts. I love the simplicity of a 9P. I am so drawn to small pieces and the potential they have. These are made from 1" strips and squares that are trimmings. No yardage comes to harm when making these 9P. They are random lights and darks with darks in the center and corners. It uses lots of 1" pieces...5,832 to be exact. It measures 91" x 106".

This picture was taken in Sept of 2013...I keep sets of ten in a pickle jar, keeping track of the # of sets on a post it note inside the bottom of the lid. In early 2015, I counted up and had over 700 9P's I decided to do something with them. My inspiration was this antique quilt. I think I had enough to do this for our queen bed and drew up the pattern in EQ.

By March of 2015, I had the flimsy finished...I did have it LA quilted and put the binding on it in July of 2016.
oksewglad, thank you for sharing this process. You makes it sound so manageable. I simply love your "simple" 9 patch. There's just something about simple patchwork that calls to me.

Thanks for adding more to the thread ladies. Your additions are just amazing. I can see all the hard work you put into your masterpieces. And, your stories are just inspiring.