View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 06:02 PM
crzypatcher

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
I've seen some cute quilts by just placing all the charms in a manner that you like and then using sashing to put them together in an I spy type quilt. Cornerstones in the sashing will add another element of fun. Or you could use them for the centers of Log Cabins. Or how about a square in a square? Or a Disappearing nine patch using the white as a constant? Then add sashing and/or cornerstones to finish it off. Or do 4 patches and alternating them with plain color squares? Or just use a sashing with or without cornerstones. You can float the 5 inch patches on a background color then add sashing to get it to the size you want.

Edited to add: Whatever you decide to do, say for instance the 4 patches. I would divide out how many it is going to take for each component and divide that into your 80 or 120 patches to see how big the quilt will be and whether you will need alternating blocks or just sashing. The D9P will use 8 colors and 1 white each. That will give you 10 D9P. Sashing and borders will help fill out.

Another cute quilt I saw. They used all the same fabrics and made a 4 patch with a small sashing within the block. Then you arrange the 4 patches and float them with the same fabric as the small sashing, but use at least a 1 1/2 finished or even a 2 inch as the sashing size. You want to define the blocks.
That floating 4-patch sound very intriguing, do you have anymore information on it??