Old 01-17-2019, 05:09 PM
HiDesertQuilter

Default Machine Embroidery/Quilting Retreat Attendees Advise & Questions

Anyone have advise to help those of us new to all this????
I have found that we who sew, quilt And also do machine embroidery are a little different birds of a feather. My needs have somewhat changed when packing for a retreat. I am taking a whole different selection of supplies. By the time I make several trips from car to my assigned table, carrying, rolling and dragging my retreat supplies my deodorant feels like it failed and I need a nap. Solution time has arrived! Sooo, here is my little bit of Advise: I now have a folding little red wagon (actually not so little) with wide wheels, turns on a dime and even has pockets on the outside. One trip! Work out of it so no more danger of falling from tripping on all my stuff tumbling out from under the table!
Now for my Question: My folding table from BiMart that I used for my featherweight is not sufficient for my larger more expensive much beloved Janome MC9900 sewing/embroidery machine. What portable table do you recommend? Of course vibration is an issue I wish to avoid as much as possible. I have been looking at a Gidget 2. Anyone use theirs when doing machine embroidery? Is there a better choice?

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-17-2019 at 07:00 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps