View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 05:45 PM
Heatheringe

Hello! New here, and very excited to quilt my second quilt on my 15-91.

Ran into a bit of a learning curve with thread. Advice on the internet is all over the place, so i read something somewhere that said use 30 weight thread. Read somewhere else to use ten stitches per inch. Couldn't figure out why i had bobbin thread showing on top AND upper theead showing underneath.

I finally found information somewhere that indicated lighter weight thread in the bobbin if using a heavier thread on top, or balanced 40 (or 50) weight thread.

In the meantime, i learned how to take apart the tension assembly, so that was fun!

My 20 year old Sears Kenmore either likes a particular thread or it doesn't, so while i never do know why, i know to abandon thread that is being spit out.

Looking forward to getting the new theead in the mail and chugging forward. I love the feel of this machine, purchased from a local man who loves fixing them up but needed to clear out some restored ones so he could make room for more projects.

No FMQ on this one. I'm using a walking foot and straight lines diagonally across. FMQ wiil be the next project.