View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 12:09 PM
Rose S.

Originally Posted by Jennifer23 View Post
If I were you, I would buy it in a heartbeat. I have been eyeing up that table since I saw one at someone else's; it seemed really nice and sturdy.

I currently have my machine on an adjustable-height Ikea table, and I love it. Honestly, sometimes moving it up or down half an inch relieves a pain that's been developing. You can't get that "perfect height" with a fixed height table, especially if perfect changes from day to day (or even morning to night). I'm fairly young and in good shape; I can't imagine sewing without it when I'm older.

If you can afford it, go for it! It sounds like you've thought it through, and it seems like a good solution.
I really am almost to the point of getting it. I have sewing machines in Desks in the basement, and for regular sewing they are okay. My husband redid both desks till they are flatbeds...

Upstairs I have two machines set up on computer table, probably from a school. And with my machines setting on it, their bed is at that 27 inch height. I have quilted small projects on both machines and that height is just perfect.