View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 11:39 AM
Friday1961

Well, here it is, the finished top. The white at the top and bottom is a sheet beneath it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609020[/ATTACH]

I moved these blocks so many times that I, quite possibly, repeated arrangements I'd already tried! Although not perfect, especially considering the purple and red and white stripe, both of which stand out, I finally either came to a placement I liked, or, as I predicted, got bored with it, and decided it was done. Maybe a combination of both. I'm okay with it, believing I did as well as I could have.

I learned a lot, making this little quilt. One is that, if I make another -- and I'm sure I will -- I'll plan ahead a bit as to width of strips and placement, especially the corner strips, and definitely with color. Not sure I would, again, include a color as dramatically different as the purple, as someone else mentioned. I know "planning ahead" kind of defeats the purpose, but I'll be happier if I do, I think. I'm not unhappy with this one, especially in that it was a learning experience, but I'll probably never like the hourglasses -- which are anything but hourglasses. And, I've accepted that I'm a matchy matchy type and will always be more satisfied when things "coordinate" at least somewhat.

It is a great way to use scraps and I eliminated a lot of red and some white scraps. Even the red border is a border I took off of something else, for reasons I've forgotten, and saved. It's the same fabric as in some of the blocks.

Thanks to everyone for the comments, suggestions, encouragement, and compliments. This group is invaluable for that kind of feedback and help, and I've always -- and do -- appreciate it. Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails dscn0376-1024x768-.jpg  

Last edited by Friday1961; 02-22-2019 at 11:52 AM.