Old 04-29-2019, 07:51 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

The problem with clip hangers and the wooden hangers you linked to, they put a lot of stress on the quilt at the points where these are attached. The best and safest way to hang a quilt is with a hanging sleeve. The sleeve distributes the weight of the quilt evenly along the entire width of the quilt and does not put any undo stress on any one small area. If you are truly concerned about a handsewn hanging sleeve causing damage or being intrusive, I encourage you to contact a local museum and speak to the textile curator and they can tell you the best way of dealing with your quilt. But IMHO a hanging sleeve is the way to go, just make sure the quilt is out of direct sunlight.
I live very close to the Bennington museum where the famous Jane Stickle quilt is (aka Dear Jane quilt). They only display the quilt a few months out of the year and the quilt is on a slant board and in a back room where there is no chance of any UV light. A slant board is safest but takes up a lot of room and the angle is such that it really isn't a viable solution for a home based display. UV light more than anything will do damage to the quilt so I would really be more concerned about that.
Another option, that will be very costly, is have the quilt professionally framed on acid free archival board and mounted under UV glass.