View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 11:39 AM
hobbykat1955

OK ladies...Search google youtube Laura Heine Collage. There's a particular Quilt shop that shows you how they do the Rooster.
I bought Pattern Ease and traced pattern onto it. Then I bought allot of diff fabric, make sure you get real busy with allot of diff florals or objects on one fabric. Then I pretty much adhered Steam N Seam lite 2 to the back of each fabric usually a piece 6x24 using that ruler I have...Then I cut out each piece and grouped each diff fabric cut out in their own piles. Then you just have to get a feel for what you want it to look like. Love SNS because you can pull right off and reposition if a certain piece isn't working.
I still haven't finally adhered it to the pattern ease till I'm sure it's just right...still pondering that butterfly looking tail thinking maybe some should come out and replaced with grass.
Once it's adhered permanently then cut it out and edge to edge sew it to your bkgd fabric...
Now as my friend says "WOW SNS is very expensive...it is but lucked out finding someone on Ebay who sold me allot cheap. Only other way you can do it is the Susan Carlson's way with glue...Or wonder under pinning each piece until your sure you want to adhere...I also thought maybe next one I'd try temp glue stick on the back of pieces that I've wonderunder'd. That's probably the cheapest and easiest way to again remove a piece if not happy...
I have another 4 patterns of Laura's to do.
If you want a smaller version of this I think she does have it on her site.