Old 05-27-2019, 06:19 AM
Rhonda K

I stitch or machine EMB every day and have slowly gained experience and confidence using my Dream machine. I can finally take a design and position exactly where I want and even re-match the position of a design if needed. I can generally get myself out of a mess though but I'm not afraid to mess up and start over if needed either.

My project today is to finish quilting along borders of a small quilt using the EMB features and in the hoop. The stippling is in the machine and can be spaced out as desired. The machine has a camera which greatly helps with positioning projects in the hoop.

My LQS offers support with lessons on our machines as many times as it takes us to learn the machine features. They also offer a variety of classes including simple one day projects to monthly projects involving several classes. That would be my first recommendation for a beginner. Buy the most machine that you can afford and grow into it.

My first machine was the BL Spirit and I was intimidated for all my own reasons.

Here is one of my favorite vendors. Scroll down to the article on hoop sizes.

https://swpea.me/