View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 04:34 PM
Crispy_Frog

You are all amateurs! LOL I have a room that is bursting with fabric! I'm not really a quilter, just a fabric collector. I like the acronym: SABLE=stash acquired beyond life expectancy. My favorite LQS was next door to my job so I was there for every sale. Gorgeous fat quarters in a barrel for $1.00. Generous rainbow and tone-matched collections of scraps in a bag for $2.00. I started small but the addiction set in. A stressful day at work and I'd lunch at the quilt store. I dropped $1,000 on their going-out-of-business sale. I then moved to Connecting Threads and visited that website for my lunchbreaks. They used to have half price sales on fat quarters all the time! I've done fabric purges several times and took bags to Salvation Army. I've donated to charities and advertised on Freecycle. I've created "Welcome to Quilting Kits" for friends with books, patterms, tools and cutting boards for those who expressed an interest. In 14 years of hoarding, I've enjoyed getting rid of it almost as much as I have acquiring it! During that time I've probably made a dozen quilts and two pillows. Now that I'm retired, I hope I can buckle down and actually sew! Thanks for the topic!