View Single Post
Old 07-27-2019, 06:27 AM
toverly

Thanks for all the compliments. It was on my bucket list for a long time till I had the nerve to start.

StephanieR, I'm a shop hopper. One of the things I think when I go into a shop is "glorious color" in a batik. So it's a variety of whatever I think is that shops most glorious batik. I purchase one yard. I have my batiks sorted into bins by cool colors, hot colors, and neutrals. I tried to use every color per block and not repeat too much. As far as skill level, it is curved piecing but since it's fused onto fusible there is no stretching. I did make my arcs longer on each end in case it shifted and I cut my squares to 12" instead of 12 1/2", it always seemed like one band was shorter so I tried to oversize the entire block.

RJLinkletter, not raw edge. The pattern is a series of arcs that are matched up by numbers (the inside and outside size of the arcs). They can be mixed and matched and they are wide. The block is 12". I simply traced onto fusible interfacing and used my lines to paper piece just like on paper. When a block was done, I ironed it down to the fusible and cut out.