View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 08:47 AM
Madgie Rae

We love Cabbage Casserole! I have made this for different sized containers, so consider what you plan to use in preparing your ingredients. The original recipe I was given called for: 3-4 cups shredded cabbage, 1 lb. ground beef, 1/2-1 chopped onion, 1 can tomato soup (undiluted) and American cheese slices to cover the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. I've used a deeper, square Corning Ware dish for all these years, but when the children were here . . . sometimes made a bigger casserole (which required more soup, more cheese). You can hardly ruin it I would think. Just brown your ground beef (I do my onions in with it). Layer cabbage, ground beef and onion, put tomato soup over in dollops (not really enough to spread and you will think it won't be enough, but the casserole gets juicy). I usually bake for about 40 minutes before putting the cheese slices on as they have a tendency to get too brown. I don't usually pass recipes on in a garbled order like this . . . but with this one I've learned being specific is not at all important. It is delicious!! I so hope you enjoy it and it sends those "what do I do with all this cabbage" thoughts packing. *All you need with this dish is bread (if you like it)!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-11-2019 at 10:46 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps