View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 08:33 PM
d.rickman

Originally Posted by lindsayfarm View Post
Nice job. I just made a table topper but could not figure out how to make it round, so mine dangle over on the edges.
All I did to get the round in the table runner, took 2 very large pieces of freezer wrap and with the waxed side facing each other ironed those shiny sides together. Numbered the sides from 1 to 6 and attached the number to the middle of each side, so I would know which piece of the runner I was working on. Took the freezer paper and lined up the edge onto the freezer which I had placed beneath the runner, then drew a line along that edge from point to point- numbering line 1@top, adding on 6 inches to allow enough fabric as you will need some on each end, then drew another cutting line, and numbered that line 1 Bottom. My runner was 47 inches wide from point to point and I needed 57", (plus 1 inch + or -)seams, then added another couple of inches without doing a lot of math calculations, I just added on the 6 inches as noted above. Cutting out two of each of the fabrics 1 through 6, so I had . Then laid one of the batik fabrics on the right side of the runner and the 2nd piece of the Batik fabric - on the wrong side of the runner - underneath the runner. (I used batiks, as it doesn't matter which is right or wrong. When you fold over those two pieces, they should be wrong sides together, [TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="align: right"]
. I used my creative circle ruler in order to make the 180 inches into a circle and
in order not to have issues when putting on the binding, I sewed together the edges of these fabrics. Finally I sewed on the binding and just have to hand sew the reverse side of the binding onto the backing. [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

I hope this explanation will assist you when you try to make a circular shape, when you have a square and need to add on more fabric to make a circle.

Last edited by d.rickman; 08-29-2019 at 08:43 PM.