View Single Post
Old 10-13-2019, 03:50 AM
hobbykat1955

Default Embroidered Family History Quilt

I was a novice in 2007 when I bought myself the Husq SE emb sewing machine. I bought it due to its software that could convert photos with allot of learning and tweeting into stitches. I was deep into my husbands family tree since we rec'd written materials and photos from the 1800's going bk to his great grandparents on his fathers side.
I decided to try my hand at my interpetation of a Family Tree with all their vital information.
The quilt starts with GGP and ends with my husb father. I emb their history including their occupations and then emb or appliqued a symbol I.e GGF. Was a furniture maker so I emb a table, his GF and G Uncle worked for newspapers. They had actual newspapers we rec'd from Ohio where they all lived from the 1800's they saved.
Of course I knew nothing abt quilting and putting it together but winged it all.
Well after it hanging for yrs with no batting and a waffle weave what u use for dish towels backing and SID, not a novice now, I recently took it apart and found my seams were all diff sizes along with the blocks.
So I took it all apart redid the cornerstones on the blocks that had them. Sized each block to the same size and did my correct seam allowance, batting and backing.
I decided to send it off for quilting and left the designs up to her. She did each block diff and a wonderful job going around each emb.
I finally hung it in our new Hse in the great rm for all to see...
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 10-13-2019 at 08:39 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps and no promoting banned member