Thread: Class problems
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 01:09 PM
MarionsQuilts

I'm one of "those" that catches on super quick and is the first or second one done, even if I haven't prepared everything before hand. I don't however brag about it or make it a race ... I will very willingly help anyone who asks for assistance so the teacher can help out others.

I was in one class and I had already learned the technique, but wanted to see if there was another way of doing it (because we all know there's at least 5 ways to do one thing!). There was another method, I whipped through it and was thrilled with the results. The woman beside me looked at my in awe, and I just laughed and said, hey, we all have strengths and weaknesses - I can fly through this with my eyes closed! Put me in front of a computer and tell me to write code? Not a chance! Ask me to rewire your house? Plumbing? Trust me, there are a ton of things I can't do!

But I will always happily share my ability to learn 3-4 different techniques to do something and help someone overcome whatever "block" they are facing at the time.

I love being able to share what I have learned, and get this huge thrill watching the "light" come on in someone's head when they get it! That makes me happier than you can imagine! I get to share my love of quilting and pass it on to someone who loves it just as much as I do!

Don't beat yourself up ... there is always someone out there that is going to be better at something than you ... let them be ... if you are learning, enjoying learning what you came to learn, and walk away with confidence - you got what you paid for! If there are rude people in the class, simply turn your back on them and look for the positive people! There are lots of them! Always more than the negative!!!! We just tend to be a bit quieter!

But most of all - have fun!