Old 11-12-2019, 06:36 AM
MaryKatherine

Originally Posted by JustAbitCrazy View Post
I found one here on the QB in the "Art Quilts 2" album. It is an image of a row boat on a shore, and looks like it was done in 8 sections. I actually remember seeing it here when it was posted, and I loved it then, but don't remember who posted it or when.
That was the quilt my group made last fall. It took first prize in the CAQ show in June.
I don't think you'll find a pattern for anything like that. That doesn't mean you can't take any commercial pattern and cut it into pieces. We used a photograph taken by one of the husbands, had it enlarged to four feet and then after marking the photo along important lines for later registration and assembly, each person took their small piece, 6"x4' and worked independently. It helps if everyone is roughly at the same level of expertise.
You don't mention whether you are considering a quilt quilt pattern or a picture quilt pattern. Unless people are familiar with landscape etc. it's a tough go. A regular 'bed' style quilt can be used. It would go together beautifully, but throwing in a few diagonal cuts would catch the judges eye. PM me if you need more information. Glad to help you get started.
Attached Thumbnails cqachoice.jpg   finala.jpg  

Last edited by MaryKatherine; 11-12-2019 at 06:42 AM.