View Single Post
Old 12-23-2019, 05:26 PM
AprilM

Wow! You are all absolutely awesome!!! It looks like i have a lot more choices to consider now - thank you so much!

Here is the direction im heading... like i mentioned, i dont want the extra bulk that muslin adds. The idea of wash out paper appeals to me (unless it gets spendy). I would rather not use the “paper option” if i can avoid it cuz tearing out is a pain (but that doesnt mean i wont consider it). The lightweight interfacing or tulle sounds workable and not expensive.

How i plan to finish this (at least at this moment, but i havent started making any blocks yet) is to get the blocks all made and assembled into a top. I do like the idea of QAYG and have done that, but my goal is to turn this into another “summer weight” quilt with no batting. I want to back it with flannel like another one i just finished (jelly roll race - photos are in another post). I am thinking of practicing my FMQ on this and i like the “crinkly“ look it gets after being washed and dried. If i get brave enough between now and the time i start quilting i would like to try out my new Feather ruler that keeps staring at me from across the room!

My goal this coming year is to get outta my box and get a few more things done than i managed this year and to try new things even if they dont always turn out as i hoped. I know that sometimes i just gotta “jump in” but being able to ask you all what works and what doesnt is such an enormous help to me an others!

I thank you all so much for so freely sharing your experience and ideas with me! Sometimes its hard to think things through by yourself without a sounding board and people to say “oh no, you dont wanna do that - here’s what i did instead and it was a lot easier!” 😊

So far does anything jump out at you that maybe i might not have considered?