View Single Post
Old 04-03-2020, 01:50 PM
Iceblossom

Going back to what to buy/have on hand and sauces, I buy the things I like when they are on sale. There is a jerk sauce I like, forgetting the brand but I use that with pork a lot. Teriyaki sauce another pork choice.

Canned soups for the win! You can use Cream of Mushroom soup plus liquid to simmer the pork, then add an extra can of mushrooms. I love frozen peas myself and would add them there (and in mac and cheese). Can serve over rice or other base. All of the Cream of type soups have their uses, if nothing else spiff up some hamburger patties by saucing them with one of them or cheese soups. Campbell's always has some great recipes, either on the cans or the website.

Called "funeral potatoes" in the heartland, I found here on the west coast they were more eagerly greeted as "Souper Potatoes". You can dress them up or down, add extras like bacon or cheese or whatever you like. I use one can Cream of Potato and one anything else from asparagus to chicken to mushroom, depending on whatever is going with it. Yeah, easiest using frozen potatoes but you can use fresh or dried too so long as you have some soup on hand. Best with the sour cream but you can thin the soup with some extra milk if none of that.
https://www.cooks.com/recipe/ns9b325...-potatoes.html