View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 10:57 AM
MeganMills

Question Puzzle box rufflers

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
looks like a nice Model 27. Being it's a Singer ruffler, your chances are better. Since the 27 is an older model, it's harder to know. Singer made significant changes to the ruffler during the time the 27 was in production. By about 1920 the ruffler style was about where it is today. it's also very possible that your grandmother got an updated ruffler for her machine at some time as they had more options and worked better.

I think I have around 15 different styles of Singer rufflers.

These are the four that were used in the Puzzle Boxes.

The ruffler sitting on top of this case is from about 1940 - and very similar to what modern ones look like.
Hi Macybaby.

t's a long time ago now that you posted the above, but I hope you still have them around. I was hoping you know what the part number is for each of the four rufflers, and perhaps which style boxes they made a showing in.

I have one ruffler like the bottom-most one in the set of four but when I try to place it in the box it doesn't really want to go under the holder - and I can't figure out what shirring plate it would have had or how that would fit with it in the style box. I don't want to force and bend any part of the ruffler as I put it in, or dig into the wood of the case. I've looked at lots of pictures online but found none that show everything clearly enough. I'm wondering if the holding clip is actually installed in the wooden case just a smidge too close to the end and that is what's making the ruffler bang or scrape into the wood.

Any further information or pics you have that would help me both kit out and set up my style box properly would be wonderful - thank you! Megan in New Zealand

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-12-2020 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Forgot to say hello to them by name, used "to" instead of "too."