Thread: Pfaff 1371
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 05:25 PM
OurWorkbench

Yes, those would have a mother board, that more than likely, is no longer available. If the handwheel doesn't move, I'm wondering if something is jammed - maybe in the bobbin area. If it was mine, I would probably take off the needle plate and remove the bobbin and bobbin case. Make sure there isn't a thread jam there. Once that was done and still handwheel won't turn, I would probably take the top off and try to determine if there was any broken plastic in there. Maybe take handwheel off, too. I've heard tell of machines that had a bunch of thread around the inside of the hand wheel.

I had to replace a crank roller or IDT roller on my 1471 about 9 years ago. I was able to get some help from a yahoo group, which of course is no longer around. I always unplug the machine when not using. I can't remember why I had taken the handwheel off - maybe bobbin winder problem - and it was a bear to get back on. It would have been easier if it wasn't in a cabinet. I did manage to get it back on and bobbin winder works.

Good luck.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.