Thread: Pfaff 1371
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2020, 06:19 AM
OurWorkbench

If it is like the 1471, which it looks like, the tops can be tricky to get off. I did find some notes from 2013 and the handwheel was spinning but not sewing. The notes weren't very good and I did note that I didn't take any pictures. I just went to look at my machine and the notes don't make a whole lot of sense. It seems like there is a 'release' that is gotten to with a screwdriver down the slot on the left side of the top. This takes the nose plate off. My notes say to release that before taking the screws out. Also the notes say that the hand wheel stop motion is two parts and a spring? I'm wondering if there are any OSMGs near you that could help. I think that it was the WeFixIt yahoo group that helped me. Along with a repairman at a sew & vac place that had worked at Pfaff dealership. Unfortunately, he is no longer there.

I just found out WeFixIt is now at https://groups.io/g/WeFixIt it looks like it is open to view messages and search. Fairly certain one would need to join to be able to post.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)