View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 11:31 AM
Annaquilts
Power Poster

Hoping to down scale from a very large deluxe spa, 2 motors 10 people, to a smaller 2 or 4 people. I want less jets and fancy stuff as it all will need replacing. My main thing is depth and low cost to maintain it heated. Electric is very pricey. Put it as close as possible to your main bedroom or area you will change. the further from the house the less you use it in my experience. Right now mine is by the pool and a bit further from the main bedroom with outside excit doors. As far as I am concerned, I do not care about jets. As for getting in and out, I am a big proponent on sitting on the edge and swinging my legs in. I feel it too hard and dangerous to have it at ground level and step in or climb up and step in. As a previous poster mentioned, cold wind can be a deterent to using it so you want to be sheltered from that. You also want this-Spa ozone is the most powerful oxidizer and disinfectant that can be safely used in spas. It kills all known bacteria, viruses, yeasts and a lot of other things you don't want to know about. 1. Ozone offers an alternative to heavy doses of traditional chemicals such as bromine and chlorine. We are on the fence redoing ours, have done it previously, or buying a much smaller used one and fixing it. Much cheaper then buying new.