Old 12-15-2020, 06:21 AM
sewingpup

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
I have the same issue with my Viking 870 Quilt. 1/4 inch foot is useless, as is the 1/4 inch setting. I found my own sweet spot. And yes, a really nice buttonhole foot but no walking or FMQ foot. But I’ve got my settings figured out and have moved on to a Sweet Sixteen for quilting so it’s all good. And even though it seems I’m complaining I really do love my machine.
I was thinking if a new stitch plate might work.....The problem with the wide feed dog machines is that when you are making a quarter inch seam....the right feed dog is not underneath the fabric so the left feed dog is doing all the moving of the fabric. so I am thinking if there was a feed dog with the single stitch hole position far enough to the right that the fabric will be moved by both feed dogs...it would work better....I know that we can do this by changing our needle position to the right. but this has to be done with the regular stitch plate on, and the triangles still get sucked down by the wide hole in the regular stitch plate....I was trying to brain storm how to plug up most of that hole in my regular stitch plate so I could move my needle to right...of course...the manufacturer's all make their quarter inch quilting foot to work in the middle position...which again leaves that right feed dog too far right to move the fabric....any inventors out there? get to work...tee hee