View Single Post
Old 01-28-2021, 08:22 AM
Rebaquilts

Originally Posted by grennan View Post
I'm not going to oil and lube it, I am not going to be the first person to use this! No lint, thread fragments or any other indication it was ever even threaded or came near a textile. The pedal looks like it has never been on a floor, much less touched a foot. I've got another picture that shows the plug socket and again, it looks straight from the box. (Maybe I didn't plug it in to test the light? It's been a couple of years since it arrived.)

Even if I traveled as much as I used to, and really wanted an ultra-portable, the Elna Lotus is smaller, self-encased, and mine has several zig-zag stitches. One of the most beautiful-looking sewing machines, or appliances, ever made.

While I'd love to sell the 221, I'm scared the buyer might plug it in and either seize it up or have it sizzle and give off smoke, and I can't figure out how to phrase "as is; please, please oil first, and let me know how it works out".
I would love to get my hands on it, I have zero problems plugging it in and if it smokes or sizzles, its not much to replace the motor if it was oiled, but then, I took a class on sewing machine maintenance and I'm much more adventurous now. That's often why the motors smoke and die, people think that you oil the motor not lube it and then kill their motor. I understand your preference for the lotus. The 221 does make a really nice stitch, but its just really convenient to have a zig zag. The little Kenny is nice that way as well.