View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 07:48 PM
kamyers

Originally Posted by Liz1731 View Post
Moved to Fort Worth, from Houston 30+ years ago then settled in Azle. My husband passed away 2.5 years ago and it's taken me this long to have an interest in quilting/sewing again. We were married for 50 glorious years. Anyway, looking forward to spending a little time researching the site. It isn't like other forums - this one seems a bit confusing and I have a good knowledge of the computer. It seems too "busy", what am I missing? Liz McMillan
Yes, it does seem a bit overwhelming. Lots of forums and the site is not in a familiar user format, so I am still finding my way. It took me quite a while this morning to figure out how to upload the photo of my first-ever quilted project! (I finally overcame the challenge, but my picture uploaded sideways.) YoU have a beautiful love story. I was divorced after 7 years of marriage, but am about to re-marry (after 18 years of just being "Mom".) I do understand putting your creativity on hold to miss a loved one. But time has a way of passing by whether we are happy or sad, so I am glad to hear that you have found your desire to quilt again. At least for me, quilting makes me happy!