View Single Post
Old 05-02-2021, 07:35 AM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Ah KathyM, I know what you mean for I have done the same thing...when our DD and SIL come for an overnight our SIL's comment is...i t looks like a fabric explosion has happened! My problem has been with donated fabrics...mostly scraps and what to do with them. I have finally started to say "no" no matter how nice of fabric I will acquire from said person. Admittedly I have gotten some not so nice fabric,too. Over the winter I have been sorting out what I know I won't use and taking it to the local donation store. They do have an outlet for fabric that goes into insulation products if it is not sold in store. Whether you have someone come in to help or you do it yourself, you need to be realistic about whether you will use the things you have...Ask yourself if you still like the pattern/fabric whatever to warrant the keeping of it. If it's a "no" then put it in a donate box/bag and get it out the door. Also be realistic about how much time you have to make things. At the age of 68, that's becoming more real to me. Spending just a few minutes at a time and you will see progress. Last weekend I proudly showed off to my daughter all the small to medium size containers I have emptied by prioritizing.