Old 05-24-2021, 06:20 AM
rryder

I have the Sweet Sixteen with the original table. I bought it used without stitch regulation and I love the stitch quality- so far the machine has been trouble free and I’ve put Nearly 6 million stitches on it since I bought it 3 years ago.

A few months ago I added the original True Stitch regulator (also bought used), but found that although it gives me very nice regulated stitches when I am doing something that needs that kind of precision, it’s a bit of a pain when working on large quilts with rulers as it gets in the way. The new Insight table should overcome that problem because it is built in to the table rather than being a separate module that rides along the table. I decided to upgrade to the new table and am expecting it to come in on Wed. So I’ll post an update this weekend after I’ve gotten it installed and played with it a bit.

some things to consider-

1. Working with stitch regulation takes some getting used to if you’ve quilted for a number of years without it. It took a bit of fiddling around with settings, etc. before I found what works for me using the True Stitch system add on.

2. There are still some times that I choose not to use stitch regulation.

3. Stitch regulation will not overcome tension issues.

Rob