View Single Post
Old 07-29-2021, 06:57 AM
Iceblossom

Default Has this ever happened to you??

I am moving things around in a major reorganization all based around finally getting an actual sewing table where I can lower my machine to table height for quilting -- it will be a big help for me but means everything currently in my sewing room has to go, and the table gets picked up Saturday.

Anyway, I'm moving things around in other parts of my house and I found a sewing machine that I don't remember! I don't know anything about it. It's a beauty but not the sort of thing I'm usually into. No thrift store sticker so probably something that was just handed to me (yes, almost total strangers/people periodically hand me machines and boxes and handfuls of fabric) or maybe to my husband? Where it was, it hadn't been there all that long but I have no recollection at all!

I figured if anyone could understand coming across an unexpected sewing machine in your house, it would be this crew

So here's the quickie photo before I get back to organizing. Looks like everything there for a Singer Stylist 457, great shape and clean as it can be in the case. I like the sock technique for dealing with the cord! So sorry I don't have time to play with it,, but not only is a new sewing table coming this weekend but I also won an auction for a beauty of a Singer Hand Crank!

Attached Thumbnails singer-stylist.jpg