View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 09:35 AM
Nader

Those gaps between the panels clearly need something, they're too blank. I didn't feel like making additional panels just for filler, so I figured I'd do some freehanded quilting designs on them with contrasting thread. Now before I get to the actual quilting and finished project, I want to take a moment and mention my mom. Recall, I said earlier that she's a former pro (tailor/seamstress) with her own business, and very good at what she did. Still is. She does mostly quilts now, and they are all excellent, gifted to multiple family members.

She got excited when I showed her my project while it was in the works. So she sat down one afternoon and knocked out this little thing for me. She says it's a 1960-something Pontiac (Firebird? GTO?). She copied it off a calendar full of muscle cars that the car insurance company sends out for free. She doesn't know anything about classic cars, and has never done anything like this. Check out the details: She used shiny metallic thread for the chrome wheels and trim (the shine doesn't photograph well), fuzzy cloth for the pavement, and some kind of translucent cheesecloth for the windshield. I love it!
Attached Thumbnails img_8720.jpeg   img_8721.jpeg