View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 02:29 PM
Nader

Thanks, people. What a nice crowd!

Wrapping it up with the actual quilting. I did the panels by tracing the emblems concentrically out to the edges. Then I filled in the blank spaces with freehand designs in contrasting thread, using one of those round quilting presser feet. You guys ever see one? Kidding. That freehanding was hard to do with such a large, bulky quilt bunched up under the machine's arm. So things got sloppier than I liked. Still, the the quilting made it pleasantly puffy in the right places.

In the blank spaces I did curly q's, flames, boxes, waves, and what-not in red and yellow stitching. For the edges, I turned them up and over onto the face and sewed them down pretty tight, so that the back sheet that has contact with me, wouldn't have a seam catching/rubbing on my extremities or chin. In the end, Despite the mistakes I made, I think I got what I wanted. Have already camped with it at the track a few times, very cozy. Size-wise it came out to 56"X72". Same dimensions of a full size mattress. Weighs in at 1,340 grams, or 2.95 lbs. Screwdriver for scale. Thanks for following!

Attached Thumbnails img_8725.jpeg   img_8724.jpeg   img_8727.jpeg   img_8729.jpeg  

Last edited by Nader; 10-11-2021 at 02:34 PM.