Thread: I found a LQS
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2022, 07:31 PM
ladyinpurple135

Grannie Chee Chee - both the shops that you mentioned were owned by the same person. The one on Main Street started in the second floor and when the first floor became available the shop took over that. The stairs to the 2nd floor were steep but the building was very old - it did cause quite a few people problems but because,if it’s statue nothing could be changed. Erica, the owner moved the shop about 3 miles south to a building that was offices if versions kinds, I did shop there but it just didn’t feel “right” to me. She retired several years ago (I forgot how many) so the store closed. Mooresville does have a JoAnn’s and I do,shop there for many things - but rarely for fabrics. I’ve been around quality fabrics since I started learning how to make quilts way back in 1979 and I know by the feel which ones I will pay good money for, But - I did take a longer look at the batiks and a few other fabrics of a higher price at JoAnn’s and it does feel like a better quality. I’m probably a fabric snob but I’d rather use quality fabrics and thread than just use something that doesn’t make me happy. We do have a Hobby Lobby and I have purchased fabrics there at times. They carry Robert Kaufman Kona which I love and get certain colors when I need them,

Just curious - I see you live in Jacksonville and I’m curious as to which one NC, FL? Are your kids in west NC? There are some great shops north and west of Mooresville, plus a super great one in Wytheville, VA. All are a bit of a drive from me but now that NC is sort of opening up I feel great about being able to travel more.

Sandy in Mooresville, NC