View Single Post
Old 03-27-2022, 10:41 AM
KS_FarmGirl

I have a KenQuilt 622 that sometimes gives me tension problems. I have found that if I completely loosen the top tension (turn the tension knob to the left until the knob is at the end of the screw) then work on a test PC, slowly tightening the tension until I get it where it needs to be. I don't know if it jiggles tighter or not, but I have to do this every once in awhile.

Another thing I have found is that the thread must come off the spool smoothly. If the rod that catches the thread above the spool is not positioned directly over the spool, the thread pulls hard when it is coming off the backside of the spool and then I get tension problems or thread breaking.

I have not had the machine long or done a lot of quilting with it yet, but these are some items I have found.

I don't believe KenQuilt is still in business. I know the original company was sold, then it was sold again, and now I have trouble finding whether it is still in business.

If anyone has a copy of the manual from the early machines, can you share it?
Attached Thumbnails resizedkenquilt.jpg  

Last edited by KS_FarmGirl; 03-27-2022 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Comment: I am not really sure it is an early machine, the serial number is 5687