View Single Post
Old 03-28-2022, 06:04 AM
olebat

Default Does the Featherweight Run of Work?

No. They slapped the duct tape across my keyboard, basically saying that I was stuck with what I got. I am upset, but I got a nice machine for a nice price. It required a tiny bit of work. I had to swap out the foot controller, pull a bobbin case from the parts stash, add bobbins and thread, then routine cleaning, oil & lube. It sews great. Now it Works.

Because I am not a vintage purist, I don't mind having new parts. I order lots of "stuff" from AliExpress. Because it is coming from some place in China, it takes a while. If you can afford to wait about 4-6 weeks it can be a real good deal. I have gotten things in two weeks, but I think that just came in a padded envelope. From the seller, (Ali Express is more like an Amazon distributer,) it goes through customs, then into a container, across the water, and in my case, one of the East Coast ports, then to a carrier for local delivery. They do send regular notifications so you won't forget about your purchase. Just keep in mind to check for sizes and quantity. If you are ordering what you may think is a package of fat quarters, you may only be getting two, and they are measured in meters. There are many stores carrying the same things, and each seller may market it differently. Some charge for shipping, some do not. Right now I am waiting for hardware to refinish FW cases. When I need multiple items, (25 or more) for classes, I shop Ali. Though I have to wait, prices are often better than Oriental Express. I'm talking things like paint and aprons for the kids here.

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
I did get your original point. But it bothered me that you were out the very thing that makes it work.

And actually, Kalama is right. I didn't think of that. I didn't think a case would be closed until you sent the machine back or whatever the product was.

I have a question for you. Where did you find a bobbin case? The only place I know is the Featherweight Shop. I have 3 FW's but only 2 cases. Thanks!