Old 11-15-2022, 08:33 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by marineandi View Post
This is my grandma sewing machine, I don’t have the instructions book. Do any of you know something about it?
I don't know anything about this machine other than it is clearly beautiful and was obviously well-cared for. I would be surprised to learn that it isn't a very high quality machine as so many of these "badged" machines were.

Is there a number stamped into the base of the machine, someplace underneath? If so, it can perhaps be looked up and at least the manufacturer might be identified.

I suspect that you won't really need an instruction manual specific to this machine, I would think that pretty much any manual for a machine of this generation would shed enough light on how to operate it. It's a very straight forward machine. It has a needle positioning control, left, centre and right, a drop feed control to lower the feed dogs and options for straight stitch, zig-zag and perhaps a blind stitch setting.

The large dial also seems to have patterns printed on it. It may be that these would be built-in embroidery stitches.

Experiment with the controls and you'll soon learn pretty much everything that would have been in the instruction manual.

Congrats on having this beautiful family heirloom.