View Single Post
Old 12-14-2022, 06:06 AM
Snooze2978

And that's why I quit buying fabric. I have a good amount of stash to last me my life time. When I go to search for a pattern and the fabrics to go with it, I just make it work with what I have on hand. Luckily I have a good amount of quilting thread as well as embroidery threads, stabilizers and enough batting to finish the quilts I've started but may not have finished. I'll have to worry about the next set of quilts when the time comes. But until that time comes, I can't let it bother me. Plus I have enough scraps to make a couple 4-5 quilts too so I'm good for now. I feel sorry for those just getting starting into this hobby as it could turn them away from it altogether.

I've been cleaning out my sewing room of fleece, threads, lace, etc to a friend I met at the thrift shop. She has a group of ladies at her church that make quilts for charities, etc so have been giving her 1st stab at what I'm giving away. Otherwise, it will go to my thrift shop. Have already given 7 large brown paper bags full of dress and quilting fabrics, made up a couple gallon size bags full of large scraps for the thrift shop. Never saw any of it hit the shelves though or it went that fast.