View Single Post
Old 01-11-2023, 07:01 PM
Synnove

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Ah, this is the key for me too. I have nearly everything I need in my sewing room. Occasionally, I need a backing so I shop. I have found that looking at what I have has led me to try some new colors for "neutrals" beyond my favorites of cream or white and now and again black. I have used royal purple, butterscotch, good old cheddar, green and light baby pink. It forces me to look at colors differently and..... uses what I have at hand.

Congratulations Pet, you are working toward your goal! Keep letting us know how you are working your personal moratorium out.

Although I am not looking to leave this world any time soon, I know that there are more years behind me than ahead of me, so I am working on reducing my gathering of fabric with a purpose. I don't want to leave a mess behind and I in the meantime I want to bless others with a hug and a warm snuggle made with beautiful cuts of fabric.
I love this! I had never thought of butterscotch and light baby pink as "neutrals" before, but what a great idea! And what a wonderful challenge, to treat these colors as neutrals and see what can be accomplished with them.