View Single Post
Old 01-19-2023, 10:42 AM
Peckish

Okay mass confusion going on here, I see.

Murphy - the post I was referring to as spam was not the announcement. It was a completely different post in this thread by a new member with a link to another site, and a moderator has deleted it and the spammer. Having to enter your new password the first time you log in after changing it is typical. If you check the box "remember me" then you won't have to enter your password anymore.

The post instructing people to change their passwords was posted by IBtyen (I've attached a screencap of it) who is tech support and has been around here for years, and if you had read it, you would know that the post says that if you use your password on other sites (which most people do), you need to change it to keep it secure. If you're uncomfortable clicking the link he provided, then go into your profile and change it there. If you're uncomfortable changing your password at all, then don't. Some bad guy may eventually come in and hijack your profile, it's completely preventable but you can't herd cats. 🤷
Attached Thumbnails ib.png  

Last edited by Peckish; 01-19-2023 at 10:45 AM.