View Single Post
Old 02-11-2023, 04:56 PM
WMUTeach

I have returned to in-person quilt retreats and although the groups are smaller it is all about sharing ideas, building friendships, helping each other out when we are "stuck" and the pleasure of being with other quilters. Of course it is work to pack up and go, but 2 to 3 days in a new environment helps with focus and seeing others work builds creativity. I generally take two projects. One that is kitted up and ready to go from start to finish. The second is often something that I want to finish that needs my attention, perhpaps a UFO or a Work In Progress. (WIP) It is way to easy to take to much and end up with nothing finished.

I do a once a week virtual quilting afternoon that started during COVID and we just can't stop. We enjoy each other's company, family life, new projects and of course a few stumbles. We just like talking as friend will do and the silence that is filled with machines humming and whoo-hoo's when something is finished. Others are welcome and a few do join in from time to time but the core group is three with 2 or three others that join in now and again. So if you do not find what you want online, create your own.

PS. I do line the Virtual Quilt Weekends here too. Such fun too see not just finished projects but progress on projects. No pressure but lots of opportunity to chat as desired.