View Single Post
Old 03-05-2023, 06:25 AM
cindi

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
Yay!!! So happy to hear it!

My friend Cindi lives 2 time zones away from me. We text a LOT. I have a tendency to browse quilting blogs, Pinterest, IG, and shops in the evenings while watching tv with my husband. I'll screencap pictures of quilts, techniques, show winners, etc and send them to her. She recently told me she loves it when I do this because it motivates her and pulls her into her quilting mojo. That made me feel pretty good. 🥰

I'm not sure how far away from your previous life you've moved. Maybe there's a new-to-you guild you can join? Make some new friends, take a class, go on a retreat.
Watson, so glad it’s coming back, it takes time but it will come. And if you’ve got a quilting friend, have her do exactly what Peggi did. She helped me through two no-mo-sew-jo moments, and without her texting me nearly every.single.day with at least one quilt picture a day I’d have never made it through those hard times of wondering if I’d ever go to my sewing room again. We are total opposites in nearly everything, especially quilting. But she’d send quilt pics of things I liked and always asked what fabric I’d use for the pattern, what type of quilting I’d do, or point out that I had a specific fabric that would be perfect for it. Or pics of quilts she was making, asking for advice (even though I’m sure she didn’t need it!). She got me thinking about quilting, saving pics, running down to my sewing room to look at “that” fabric. Even looking forward to those texts each morning. Every.single.day until my sew-jo came back again. She was my sewing savior, for sure, and it meant so much.