View Single Post
Old 05-15-2023, 01:45 PM
sschick

I posted this real quick because I had to go make dinner so it may not be real clear. Let me see if I can make it better. When the stop screw is tightened, the needle bar does not move in the proper direction (spinning the balance wheel toward me) or it moves maybe once or twice then stops, but it will move just fine spinning the balance wheel in the wrong direction. And as I was just double checking my thinking, I tightened the stop screw, not too tight, then spun the balance wheel toward me and the needle moved like it should. It will mess up again with just a slight amount of pressure on the thread take up lever. Then I tried again, putting my finger under the take up lever and it worked correctly again. My husband thinks there is something wrong in the clutch mechanism. We need to take it apart, just don't feel like it tonight. I hope that makes it as clear as mud as to what I am describing.

I hope we can figure out the issue, I really want to learn how to treadle which is why we bought the machine.

Shari