View Single Post
Old 07-17-2023, 06:55 AM
rryder

Once I picked out an entire quilt's worth of quilting because I decided I didn't like it as I was getting to the end. Even though I'd had some hints that I wasn't going to be satisfied with it earlier in the process, for some reason I thought that I'd like it better once it was done--Not. Lesson learned. If I don't like it while I'm doing it, I'm not going to like it when it's done and I try to make that decision as early in the quilting process as possible. Saturday I ditched 3 of the four blocks that make up the center medallion of my Around We Go quilt. The top looked great, but I'd used a matching color in the bobbin and it looked horrible on the back, so I took it all out, changed the bobbin thread and re-quilted. Didn't take that long and I'm much happier with the result.

OTOH- as several folks have pointed out, wool is very lofty and as a result while quilting it can sometimes look like it's going to pucker even if it doesn't actually do so. I'm a machine quilter, so your results may be different, but I've found that as long as I've got it securely basted so that the backing doesn't move around it doesn't actually pucker even though it may look alarming early in the process.

Rob

Last edited by rryder; 07-17-2023 at 07:04 AM.